Earth Day 2022 at Fosse Park
As we look to the future, sustainability is a main focus for everyone at Fosse Park. We will continue to make changes to reduce our impact on the environment and invest in our planet.
Did you know…
- Fosse Park has helped to donate 18,500 meals over the last 4 months and redistributed them to families in need across Leicestershire via Fare Share, East Midlands food poverty network.
- We have 16 Electric vehicle bays free of charge to visitors
- We have PV solar panels on the West Fosse Park development which is used to help power Food Central
- We have living walls in Fosse lanes which encourage to purify the air and regulate temperature. They are computer controlled for water and feed.
- Bee hotel on fosse lanes
- Wildflower garden along soar valley way
- Sustainable travel with go travel to reduce cars into the site. 38% off our staff use a sustainable source of travel- Bus, bike, or car share.
- Natural air in food central- no air con or heating
- Water conservation- We have smart water flush systems that are on timers and meters
- Energy conservation – West side of the development is fitted with light sensors and timers as well as LED lights as well as the refurbed parts of Fosse Park North
- 6 of our Food Central restaurants currently take part in Too Good To Go to ensure leftover food doesn’t end up in the bin