Fosse Foxes is a public art trail made of life-size fox sculptures; these creatures will be finding their way across Fosse Park and you have the chance to design and decorate your very own.
The competition will run from 19 October until 16 November. 15 applicants will be chosen to personalise a sculpture to be displayed to the public in April 2021. In your application, please let us know what Leicester means to you and how it has inspired you as well as a brief profile about yourself.
The Fosse Foxes offer an exciting opportunity to showcase the talents of local artists and designers or anyone with artistic flair. Your name will be featured on a plaque next to your Fox and will also be included on our website, with details of the Fosse Foxes Trail and a link to your website (if you have one). Chosen artists will receive a contribution of £100 towards the cost of materials to decorate the fox. Get decorating!
How to enter
- Download the artists pack and fox template here
- Using the fox template, produce an artwork design for the front and back (please advise on what materials you intend to decorate the sculpture with).
- Send or scan your application to Fox HQ by 16 November 2020. Remember to include your completed application form and the front and back artwork designs for the Fox.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Post: Foxes HQ (c/o Soft Services Suite) Fosse Park, Fosse Park Avenue, Leicester, LE19 1HX
If you’re successful
- Artists will be notified by December 2020 if they have been successful.
- Base fox sculptures will be delivered to successful artists or can be collected from Fosse Park in January 2021 onwards for decorating.
- Decorate the fox using materials of your choice. Artists will be given £100 towards the cost of materials.
- Decorated foxes will be collected in February 2021. Finished foxes will be protected with a specialist UV coating to reserve the design.